Energy doesn’t lie, it just is.
Answer me this. Do you ever ask yourself, why did I say that? Why did I do that? Or, why do I feel this way? Do you feel like your actions have been hijacked by something other than your conscious mind?
These reactions, or lack thereof, make us question “why did I/ didn’t I ___?. These show you the truth of your current response programs, deeply rooted in your subconscious mind… Your subconscious mind drives 95% of everything you are experiencing so that’s a pretty big impact!
When you understand yourself and what’s at the core of your greatest challenges you can better self-regulate and heal. You learn to hear (and heed!) those emotional messengers.
These words and actions that come from within may feel foreign to you but they are emotional messengers; once we learn to tap into them, they can give us key insights into how we truly feel and why we feel this way.
Let’s get to work!
Here’s what I want you to try and let me know how you make out.
- Where’s the gap between your conscious knowledge (know) and your subconscious programming (feel and act)? For example, you feel guilty, but you know you shouldn’t.
- Notice judgements towards your feelings and your responses with your rational mind, i.e. I have no reason to feel guilty because…a,b,c.
- Recognize that emotions are just messengers, think of it as simple data or information packets. They are not good or bad, they are your emotional and physiological response based on your current subconscious perspective showing you the truth of your deeper subconscious programming..
- Explore emotional themes that reoccur and just can’t seem to shake loose.
- When you recognize which emotional patterns keep showing up, how are they holding you back?
“Good feelings are good, bad feelings are bad.”
That’s one limited view.
Feelings are your emotional and physiological responses based on your current subconscious perspective of the situation. These emotions are loaded with wisdom about what is really going on deep inside you and is asking to be resolved.
Based on your experiences, how often do your thoughts, feelings and behaviours conflict with your conscious desires? For example, you want to move forward, but your inner critic or professional procrastinator has other ideas.
Addressing negative emotions
The next time you have an emotional response or experience that is contrary to what you want, I invite you to explore addressing it differently.
Simply observe and recognize the emotion as a little data packet of wisdom about your inner state of conscious/subconscious alignment. Stop judging and instead try to explore that emotion. Move into a state of stillness and observation. What is this emotion trying to share with you about what’s going on in your inner world?
Hint: your emotions are not intended to be logical, so your rational mind isn’t helpful here! 😉
I want you to keep at it. It will feel challenging at first but a few minutes here and there when emotional triggers arise and very soon, like building a muscle, you will build a bridge between your awareness and your emotional body. You will start to tap into those emotional messengers, understand what they are trying to show you and, as such, deepen your understanding of the inner workings of the self.
If you want a hand and are ready to let go of what’s holding you back from your authentic self, let me know and we can step into the waters of self-growth together.
Your fellow growth-seeker,
International Radio Host
Global Healer, Educator, & Speaker